EXPERIENCE YOU NEED.
RESULTS YOU WANT.
- Managing Partner
Leigh Love has over 17 years of legal experience. She has handled over a thousand felony cases and has successfully tried criminal cases ranging from misdemeanors to murder.
She previously worked as a felony prosecutor at the District Attorney's office in Atlanta, Georgia. She also worked as a prosecutor in Texas at the District Attorney's office in Fort Bend County. Having the experience as a former prosecutor gives her clients an advantage and insight they would not otherwise have. Currently, she is a partner at The Love DuCote Law Firm, LLC., where she enjoys representing and helping her clients in all areas of criminal law.
Leigh was the 2014 President of the Fort Bend County Criminal Defense Attorney's Association and is currently on the board of directors. She was named one of Houston's Top Criminal Defense Lawyers for 2014. She also received the Atticus Finch Award (named after the well-respected attorney in "To Kill A Mockingbird"). She is consistently given awards for Client's Choice for the best attorney in the areas of criminal defense, juvenile law and DWI. She has also repeatedly won the Top Criminal Defense Attorney Award, The Top Attorney for Juvenile Law, and Top Ten Attorney for DWI Law. Additionally, she is currently listed in Yelp's Top Ten Criminal Defense Attorneys in Fort Bend.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense 60%
- Juvenile 20%
- DWI/DUI 15%
- Appeals 5%
- Texas, 2007
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2002
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2002
- Mercer University School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 1998
- Sewance: The University of the South, Sewance, Tennessee
- B.A. - 1994
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Spanish
- How to Attack the State's Search Warrant, FBCCDAA, 2015 - Present
- A Practical Guide to Discovery in a New Era, FBCCDAA, 2014 - Present
- Overview of Child Sex Cases, FBCCDAA, 2013 - Present
Honors and Awards
- Top Criminal Defense Lawyer in Houston
- Atticus Finch Award (Named after the lawyer in "To Kill A Mockingbird"), 2014 - Present
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Top Criminal Defense Attorney Award, 2014 - Present
- Top Juvenile Attorney Award, 2013 - Present
- Client's Choice Award for Criminal Defense Lawyer, 2013 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fort Bend County Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, President, 2014
- Fort Bend County Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, Board of Directors - 2012, 2013, 2015
- Fort Bend County Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, Secretary, 2013
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2010 to Present
- Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2013 to Present
- Fort Bend County Bar Association, Member, 2013 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- The Law Firm of Leigh Love, Founder, 2010 to 2013
- Fort Bend County District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney , 2007 to 2010
- Fulton County District Attorney's Office; Atlanta Judicial Office, Senior Assistant District Attorney, 2002 to 2010