EXPERIENCE YOU NEED.
RESULTS YOU WANT.
Jeremy B. DuCote
- Managing Partner
Jeremy B. DuCote is a Texas trial lawyer with more than 18 years of experience representing clients in both federal and state courts against criminal allegations and through family law matters. He has obtained several "Not Guilty" jury trial verdicts for clients in a variety of felony and misdemeanor charges, including murder, aggravated robbery, sexual assault, DWI/DUI, drug charges, burglary, theft, and domestic violence cases.
Jeremy is a member of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. He has been awarded a "Superb" avvo.com rating and has been given the "Lawyers of Distinction" award. He is the past President of the Fort Bend County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and is a member of the State Bar of Texas Criminal Law Section. He has also been given the "Client's Choice Award" by avvo.com in DWI matters.
Jeremy is also well versed in family law matters. He has prevailed in multiple jury trials for family law clients with divorce, modification, custody, child support, and/or adoption issues. Jeremy is also a member of the State Bar of Texas Family Law Section.
Jeremy prides himself on aggressively representing his clients with compassion, in a manner that provides his clients with all the information necessary for them to make informed decisions on how they want their individual cases handled. He has the experience you need to obtain the results you want.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense 40%
- DUI/DWI 30%
- Family Law 30%
- Texas, 1998
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2004
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- J.D. - 1998
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- B.A. - 1994
- Public Defender and Appointment Issues, Presidential Address, FBCCDAA, 2016
- Electing Judge vs Jury for Punishment, Continuing Legal Education Seminar, FBCCDAA, 2014
- Overview of Texas Rules of Evidence, Nuts and Bolts of Criminal Law, FBCCDAA, 2013
Honors and Awards
- Client's Choice Award, 2014 - Present
- Lawyers of Distinction, 2016 - Present
- Top Family Law Attorney, 2014 - Present
- Top Criminal Law Attorney, 2014 - Present
- Awarded a "Superb" avvo.com rating
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fort Bend County Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, President, 2016
- Fort Bend County Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, Vice President, 2015
- Fort Bend County Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, Member, 2010 to Present
- Family Law Section - State Bar of Texas, Member, 2000 to Present
- Texas Criminal Justice Section - State Bar of Texas, Member, 2000 to Present
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2002 to Present
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, 2010 to Present
- Brazoria County Bar Association, 2010 to Present
- Fort Bend County Bar Association, 2012 to Present
- Galveston County Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, President, 2002
- Galveston County Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, Member, 2001 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- The Law Offices of Jeremy B. Ducote, Owner, 2011 to 2013
- Kieshnick & DuCote PC, Managing Partner, 2006 to 2011
- Jeremy B. DuCote PC, Owner, 2002 to 2006